Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Reviews I Love

Find out more about Mac on CultureClique.com!


After severely lusting for a Mac for the past couple of months, I’ve finally dove in and decided to purchase an iMac. The price was a real hurdle initially. It was about $1750 — no CA sales tax on Amazon with shipping and a mail-in rebate. But it has proven to be a great investment.

One of the things that drew me to the Mac and particularly OS X Leopard, is the perfect blend of brains and beauty. People rave about the beautiful design of the machine, the intuitive user interface, and the eye-candy of the OS.

I must stay I am absolutely in love with the display. The colors are very rich and vibrant. It is great for surfing the web or manipulating graphics for work. Watching movies on the 24inch monitor is amazing! I absolutely love Front Row and the Apple remote. I don’t have a reason to turn on the TV anymore. Bravo Apple! Bravo!

But underneath all that beauty lies a beast of an operating system. Mac OS X has UNIX. Coming from a Linux and web development background, UNIX and Linux are very important aspects of my day to day routine. It is great to know that I can rely on the proven security record of UNIX on my new machine.

I definitely recommend OS X over Vista anyday.

No comments: