Monday, May 12, 2008

Just This Once...

Was sitting on a plane last night, minding my own business, waiting for takeoff when the music overhead switched on. To my delight, they were playing "Falling Slowly" from the independent film Once, which I'm sure you've heard of by now.

One of the great things about Culture Clique is when you love something and other people love it too and you all get to talk about it ad nauseaum until it turns into a disgusting love fest. It reinstates your faith in humanity.

Doritt Diamond wrote:
I thought this movie was near perfect... it showed the true power of music and what the belief in that power can create. The characters and story were wonderful and the genuine beauty of the devotion to the art was incredible. The fact that it did not deteriote into a romance made it better and stronger. it was really just about the music... and the story of the actor, writer and director of the film is a story in itself.

Ryan Downe wrote:
Crazy good. Saw last night and now added to one of my favorite movies. Lead singer/songwriter also in band The Frames. If you haven't heard of them they are worth checking out as well.
A must see! I LOVED IT and I want to buy the sound track. Great songs!

I really liked this one too! Musical, artsy, inde. A really raw, authentic vibe and inspiring music to boot. Definitely worth checking out!
A love story between I rogue Irish street musician/hoover repairman & a Czechoslovakian immigrant. The film is kind of one long music video of their fabulous musical collaboration...Amazing lyrics, empassioned singing...quirky frienship that is so moving and inspiring...Loved it!

No comments: