Monday, May 5, 2008

Baby Mama

Meh. "Baby Mama" is cute and fun to watch but definitely not the gutbuster it's so desperately trying to be. Now does this mean when Oxygen plays it seven times a day, I will not watch it while folding my laundry? No, I will. I mean I've seen "What a Girl Wants" so many times on cable now that I know better than that.

TIna Fey places Kate, a VP of a natural foods company who wants a baby. The PC guy tells her it's impossible for her to conceive naturally, landing her on Sigourney Weaver's doorstep and with a trashy surrogate named Angie, played by Amy Poehler.

There are some cute moments here, some genuinely funny moments but the movie feels a bit amateurish, a little flat. In more important news, when did I start thinking Greg Kinnear is so attractive? That's the real story. Talk about a surprise ending.

No comments: